Friday, August 16, 2013

Poetry from my ebook, Madness in a Recession on Amazon and Barnes and Noble!


The Greatest Pleasure

After years of sleeping

in a box of metal and stone,

I’m free.

Free to indulge in pleasures.

but there is only one pleasure I want.

 

It’s the greatest pleasure of all.

 

Will I get a decent hot meal?

Even though it is an upgrade

from the gruel and meatless meatloaf?

No.

 

Will I sleep outside under the stars?

That for me is like a blind man at an art show.

I wouldn’t know the Pegasus from the Dippers.

The only thing I would appreciate is the extra space.

No.

 

What about making love to a beautiful woman?

To have my hands on a pair of firm breasts

and be between the smoothest thighs a woman can have.

To be squeezed by them as I dance between them.

 

Oh, that is indeed a great pleasure,

but not the one I speak of.

The illusions in prison quenched my thirst for lust.

This is not the pleasure I speak of.

 

The pleasure I speak of

is the only way I could get to a hot meal,

or sleep outside under the stars,

or find the love of a beautiful woman.

 

The greatest pleasure of all is this.

Now that I am released,

I will go to a motel and get a room.

Then, for the next couple of hours,

 

I will keep opening and closing my door.

No comments:

Post a Comment