Thursday, May 9, 2013

Privacy or Technology?

    Technology is a wonderful thing, because of it, I've found friends I haven't talked to in years. I play Call of Duty in my spare time with friends I have in Spain, France and Great Britain. When I'm at work I take the time to check my mail, upload blogs and tweets and of course check my sales. But with technology, comes sacrifice and that sacrifice's name is privacy. These days, in the United States you can't go anywhere and do anything without someone knowing where you and what you're doing.
    When I see sport stars being caught doing the worst things, I'm not shocked anymore because in a way, I believed in every era, what they do has always been going on. The only reason it's such a big deal is because it's easier to get caught now a days. Brett Farve, Tiger Woods, and recently Dan Marino; I mean come on. I would've been shocked if any of these superstars weren't cheating on their spouses. I have countless friends that have gotten busted because they "Checked in" at some one's house. I've sent texts to the wrong people and caused drama for the wrong reasons.
     What always surprises me is when people get busted, they immediately run to the privacy issue, if you haven't done something wrong than what's the problem? I know we all have secrets but unless you have a record or a reputation, why are people so scared if someone is listening in on a conversation? Trust me from what I've seen from people making stupid mistakes over the web, they mess up their own lives before anyone else has a chance to see what's going on. Privacy today is nothing but a page in history now.
     Every since networks like Myspace, Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube, privacy is practically non-existent. But that's the sacrifice we must realize that has to be made to have such technology available to the public. People need to realize that once you log on or you turn on a cell phone, someone is always watching and as for me, I consider having the attitude, "Go ahead and watch because you'll get a hell of a show." If you want real privacy these days then the only advice I can give to you is go somewhere where time has abandoned the area, build yourself an outhouse, and just live the lives your ancestors did because you can't have both. Privacy or Technology, which one would you rather sacrifice?

No comments:

Post a Comment