Sunday, May 26, 2013

Hangover Part 3 Review

      The supposed "final" episode of the Hangover franchise was released this weekend and I have to say, I was a little disappointed overall with the final film. While the film did provide a good story and moments of laughter, those moments were few and far between. For those who may not be familar with the franchise, The Hangover is a about a group of friends who get drugged in Vegas and started a chain of events that would lead to characters development and a sequel to Bangkok. This film ties everything in from the first film up to the last minutes of the last film.
       In this film the abnormal Alan played by Zach Galifianakis, hits a new level of insanity and it has apparently taken it's toll on his family and friends. So after agreeing to seek help the wolfpack set off to Arizona but is immediately taken down and sent on a rollercoaster ride of chaos thanks to the actions of a familiar friend, Leslie Chow. Thanks to the actions of the escaped international criminal, Doug is take hostage by a mob boss played by John Goodman and is willing to exchange him for Chow. Now the Wolfpack must travel fast to capture Chow and somehow save Alan's brother in law before it's too late to save Doug and themselves from one man's violent rampage. If you want to know more than you'll have to go and see the movie yourself.
       Now I was a fan of the last two movies so my expectations were high but I also would like to point out the movies rule of three. One of them has to be bad and very rarely are they all good and for me, this was the bad one. I would have to give this movie 6 out of 10 rating because even though there was character development and a plot, for being a comedy I just wasn't laughing as much as I was in the previous films. I sincerely hope anyone who goes and sees it has a good time and enjoys it but I will ask that you don't make the same mistake I did and expect much. I will offer one spoiler, the biggest laugh I got out of the movie was after the credits, shhhh!
        Enjoy the movie and hopefully we will be seeing more Hangover films becuase this is a good franchise. But I think as far as the wolfpack is concerned, it's probably good that it ends now so we can introduce fresher faces and bigger laughs. Until the next is written.

No comments:

Post a Comment