Thursday, April 18, 2013

Injustice: Gods Amongst Us Review

          Just got my hands on this game and I have to say I started out as a doubter. No fatalites and the fact that it's rated teen was a big let down for me. However with a fantastic storyline and endless supply of side missions, this game deserves a 8 out of 10. While this may not have the Mortal Kombat fans behind this, NetherRealms Studios lives up to their reputation as a prestige game making titan. With a wide variety of gaming modes, great graphics and battle scenarios, this provides endless hours of entertainment.
          One feature that really captured my eye was the S.T.A.R. Labs missions. For those who don't follow superheroes or have a life. (Lol j/k) S.T.A.R. Labs in Superman's city Metropolis charged with finding out about Superman's villians and lending aid to the man of steel when he needs help. The missions contain several task with the purpose of helping gamers harnest their skills to be better at the game. Both fun and is helpful for gamers who aren't use to Mortal Kombat or Soul Calibur games.
          The other thing I'm just fallen over for is the costumes. To be a geek for a moment if I haven't been already, I love the various selection of what to wear as I beat Lex Luthor or Doomsday to a bloody pulp. Have to look my best when I'm going to war. (Lol) However if there's one item that I must address with the game, it's the controls.
          For people whom never played fighting games, this shouldn't really be a problem. But for more experienced gamers, we may have a problem. While button mashing is always a problem when facing an opponent, the complete setup is changed so while your use to how the Mortal Kombat control is setup, Injustice is completely different and will take time to get use to. Whether your a fan of fighting games or DC games, this game is worthy of your attention unless you don't have the means yet but we'll discuss this another time. This game would be a solid 10 but without the usual touch of fatalites and the difficult controlling, it gets a solid 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment