Thursday, December 5, 2013

Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman

   Recently announced Gal Gadot has been cast to play famous female superhero Diana, Queen of the Amazon but also known as Wonder Woman in the upcoming DC/WB Batman vs. Superman movie. Now I know everyone is asking themselves one simple question and that is this. Who on Earth is this beautiful woman that nobody has heard of and why is she going to play the famous icon? Gal Gadot is a virtual unknown with her only known film roles in the Fast and Furious franchise. This choice has gotten just as much of a mixed reaction as was Ben Affleck cast as Batman.
   Gal Gadot is a former model and is a former Miss Israel who broke into film with bit parts in the films Date Night and Knight and Day. Recently she made a breakthrough working with the cast of Fast and Furious. Now she has reached a new milestone after auditioning for Zack Snyder's sequel to last year's Superman movie. Now many people have reached to negative conclusions already for one simple fact that she seemed to skinny and she's inexperienced as an actress. In this respect I have to come to her defense on the following issues.
     Christian Bale was practically a skeleton for his film The Machinist and he did that film before Batman so if he can buff up for a role then I have faith in Gadot. Second reason is Zack Snyder casted Henry Cavill who was only known for one role as well so to judge based on that is just childish. The biggest problem I see here of course is everyone already made up conclusions of what Wonder Woman should be to them. Everyone had actresses on the brain such as Jessica Biel, Kate Beckinsale and even current pop star right now Jennifer Lawrence. In my opinion, if these opinions come from guys then I'm guessing they just want to see these women in Wonder Woman outfits and they want to be tied up with her golden lasso.
   Everyone has an opinion and unfortunately they make up their minds before even seeing one clip or picture. Give people a chance to prove why they were chosen for the part instead of jumping to conclusions. When they finally release the image of her as Wonder Woman then that's when I say you can form an opinion but until then, please stop worrying. I'm a geek myself and I have my grievances about the choice but until I see a trailer, my hopes are high with Christopher Nolan and Zack Snyder at the helm.

No comments:

Post a Comment