Sunday, November 10, 2013

What Brings A Man To His Knees


What’s Worth Kneeling For?
By
Anthony Labson

 

I’m full of pride.

I can’t run from a fight

and I won’t shame my name.

I’ll stand ready to die.

 

I don’t flinch for a blade

and I don’t fear the sound of a bullet.

A knife is just a tool for use or trade

and a gun is nothing without a digit.

 

I’ve fought enemies

And I’ve even fought a friend.

The fighting never reached its end and

I would think at times I had an injury.

 

I’ve never really had a reason to fight

but I never could back down.

Now more than ever all I can wear is a frown

because my love is fading from my sight.

 

She is the best of me

but we didn’t catch her disease in time.

The heart inside her is mine

So if she goes then I’ll cease to be.

 

If finally bending my knees saves her

then I do it proudly with no dishonor.

My life without her would just be horror.

It’s should’ve been me that developed that cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment