Sunday, November 17, 2013

Godzilla returns in 2014!

    I'm not a big fans of reboots, everyone that knows me knows that. But I have to say I saw the leaked trailer of the new Godzilla reboot. Don't bother looking for it because it was removed later in the day, the official one should be released soon. I honestly have to say that I couldn't believe that my pulse was racing after I saw the trailer which hasn't happened in a long time even when I saw the trailer for Man Of Steel. The trailer revealed a lot of details that showed it was giving the king of the monsters the justice it deserved on the big screen.
    For those of you whom may not follow, Godzilla is a gigantic creature which is mostly reptile who can shoot out a beam of radiated fire. First revealed to the world back in the 1960s, it became a hit here in the United States that spawned the only movie series to rival the other longest lasting film franchise, the 007 movies. I was first exposed to this legendary creature when I was watching television and the film Godzilla 1985 was on. It was the film that brought Godzilla back to life after his debut film over 20 years ago.
    I was a boy and at first I was terrified of him but as I kept watching I began to love it. The awesome power and the action was so cool I remember building lego buildings just so I could smash them. Then my parents would come in my room all upset and make me pick up the mess and tell me to stop making that signature roar Godzilla has. I couldn't get enough of the green king of Tokyo as he would battle legendary monsters like Rodan and MechaGodzilla. Oh and who can forget the ultimate protagonist of the Godzilla series, Mothra and his mini twins.
   I hope that Warner Bros. releases the official trailer soon because I would really love for all of you to see it and see a terrific resurrection. Godzilla may have started in Japan but in a way he is also an American phenomenon as well. I can't wait with the modern technology being able to deliver the amazing spectacles we see now on the big screen and this is a real serious approach Warner Bros. is taking with the franchise. Godzilla's come back will be more real and more destructive than any we have seen in any film by the franchise ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment