Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Amazing Spiderman 2 Game Runs Out of Web

    I was really looking forward to this game being it's the first next-generation Spiderman game and I was a fan of the last game. All that I can say about The Amazing Spiderman 2 was this game was a mistake plain and simple. There are so many issues that I have with it and it's so bad that I am going to return this game when I'm done with it. I really don't know what happened with the development stages but clearly someone should've looked over people's shoulder. For being a next generation game, I think I was playing more of a Playstation 2 game than a Playstaion 4 for several issues.
    This game picks off where the other one left off with the last game. I don't know if it's closely following the  movie because I haven't seen it yet but there are some cool cameos that happen throughout the game like Black Cat, Kraven, Wilson Fisk a.k.a. The Kingpin and the king of cameos, Stan Lee. The game provides a mini-game where the players can decide what kind of Spiderman he wants to be known as. He can save people and stop crimes going on throughout the city, becoming the hero. The other choice is to ignore them and become the menace, being hunted down by a task force.
    There are teases that I won't mention because they might be in the movie and I don't want to spoil anything but it's not enough to save this game. The graphics in the cutscenes weren't impressive and as I've previously stated, they look like the kind of graphics that I would see on the Playstation 2. The web swinging is difficult to get a handle on and there were so many glitches while swinging, I think I swung through at least five buildings. The glitches are another problem and they've happened throughout the game from swinging in the free world to playing missions, the game has frozen a couple of times.
    The next issue I have with the game is the fighting style that was used and it was boring at best. There are no combos to master and no fancy mixture of web and punch attacks, simply attack and avoid. Nothing else except to press R1 to web them closer. The mains story itself is short providing maybe 3 hours of actual gameplay with the rest of the game holding a variety of side missions. The side missions themselves are exciting at first but then become repetitive and boring later.
    This game gets a 5 out of 10. There are just too many problems for me to get over with this game and the only reason I haven't returned it yet is because I haven't beaten it yet. This is one of those games where you beat it once and throw it away, there's no reason I would want to replay it. This was a real disappointment being a fan of the games and I wouldn't recommend anyone wasting $60 to play this. Hopefully the next one will be better which will be easy because the bar is real low with this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment