Friday, February 7, 2014

Stop Following!


Loss of Identity
By
Anthony Labson
 
 
I don’t need a book to tell me what’s right
because I have a heart and a conscience.
I don’t need to be told whose right and wrong
because I can listen and decide for myself.
 
When somebody tells me they heard something
then I ask where did they hear it from
and decide whether or not it’s a credible source.
 
If I speak to someone and they don’t agree
then I listen without interrupting.
If we still disagree then we still shake
and show respect.
 
I have only hated a few people in my life
but that’s because they offended me
physically, emotionally and psychologically.
Not because someone says it’s wrong.
I am for different laws and new amendments
not because I’m a member of a party
but because I truly believe my country
will benefit from them.
My loyalty will always belong to my country
not to any party or specific group.
I don’t sacrifice personal feelings
just to secure other people’s insecurities.
 
Peer pressure is the killer of individuality.
Don’t let it control you because if you do
then the world loses something precious.

No comments:

Post a Comment