Monday, September 16, 2013

Sacrifice.

   I was involved in a deep conversation today with a group of my friends and the subject in question was about why all the wrong people seem to be in power. The problem I have with that claim is that it's inaccurate. If they are the wrong people then how did they get to that position in the first place? I know everyone would like to make their claims about how people got places and I'm sorry to break hearts but it's nothing but irrelevant complaints.
   They inherited it, they know somebody higher up, she slept her way to the top, he kissed ass all the time, and the list goes on but guess what, has all this complaining gotten you anywhere? At the end of the day it happens and you either have two choices, you can either sacrifice your pride and move on with your profession hoping your time will come. Or you can sacrifice all the hard work you've done and quit your job but at the end of the day, you will sacrifice something. I'm not telling people what they should do or how they should get ahead in life because it's your life and you'll have to live with what you've done.
   Any business is like politics, if you want to get ahead in life you will have to sacrifice something. You can't be the boss of a company if you can't look a man who needs a job and tell him he's fired and you can't lead a nation if you can't tell parents your sending their sons to war. I'm not saying that what it comes down too but bottom line, if you're not willing to go certain places then don't plan on becoming anyone in life. Ask anyone who runs a business or a country and tell me if they don't have graveyards. If you found one then I would be surprised but I'm pretty sure I'm right on this.
   There has to be a sacrifice for success whether it's giving up a food or a lifestyle. Ignoring your heart and listening to your head and what's better for business. Life is all about sacrifice and the question you face in your life is what are you sacrificing for? If other people are doing things that are considered to be "Dishonorable" then loathe them for it. But don't say that they are the wrong people because at the end of the day, it got them somewhere. Whether it was the right thing to do or not I'll let someone else decide because I'm not here to judge.

No comments:

Post a Comment