Tuesday, September 10, 2013

50 Shades of Casting Over Reaction!

   For the record, I haven't even touched one of the three books but I have to say I'm shocked at how people are reacting to the casting of the movie adaption. People are probably more pissed off about this than when Ben Affleck was cast as Batman in the untitled Man of Steel sequel. To those people who are upset, I have this to say to each and everyone of you. Chill out! In the grand scheme of movie adaptions, most of them have gotten a pass and I won't lie, some have bombed even miserably.
   I can remember when my ex-girlfriend was a huge Twilight fan and I took her to see the movies. I was immediately turned off for number of reasons but I was amazed by her reaction. She hated the movie because of how disappointed in the special effects when the vampires in that movie sparkled in the daylight. I was like really?! Of all the things that was wrong with that movie, she was mad about that, but then again, Twilight is not my thing. No offense to people who enjoyed that series and I'm glad you did but I'm old fashion when it comes to supernatural creatures.
   I understand that people have their reasons for hating a casting choice but if you're a true fan of whatever then please at least wait to see a trailer before making a decision. Personally, I wasn't a big fan of Chris Evans as Captain American because he was already exposed as Johnny Storm from Marvel's Fantastic Four. I also wasn't a fan of Chris Pine being casted as the famous Captain Kirk but guess what, in the end they both pulled it off. The purpose of reading is to give the power of imagination to you and the fact that Hollywood has a different point of view is unfair to the work. For all you know, they can go in a far better direction than you ever thought possible.
   True fans need to give this movie adaption a fair shot. To automatically make up your mind before even seeing one clip or screen shot is like making a decision before listening to both sides of an argument. It makes you look like a fool. I'm not a big fan of erotica novels and I'm not at all interested in the movie but if I go to the theater and see a trailer of a great movie. I'm going to be there when it opens in the U.S. I would like to wish everyone involved good luck and I hope the author of the novels likes where Hollywood takes their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment