Monday, November 3, 2014

WWE Network Free for November

Version:1.0 StartHTML:0000000168 EndHTML:0000004314 StartFragment:0000000469 EndFragment:0000004297
World Wrestling Entertainment made the announcement that the WWE Network would be free for the month of November. Being a fan of WWE since I was eight and being on a serious budget, I decided to take advantage and here's what I have to say. The WWE network is an awesome streaming service and is well worth the price of $9.99 a month. If you have the money to burn, I highly recommend it to any fan of wrestling but if you're on a serious budget like me, enjoy it while it lasts. It's a great opportunity to remember the glory days of wrestling.

The WWE network has enough hours of wrestling material to last two lifetimes with it's endless content. The content ranges from old episodes of it's longest running series, Monday Night Raw to it's newest show NXT. It also has episodes of other wrestling promotions such as World Championship Wrestling and my personal favorite, Extreme Championship Wrestling. It also comes with original series created by the wrestling promotion like Legends House and Countdown. The biggest draw in for me which is a steal is you can watch Pay Per View events new and old from WWE and the previous promotions just mentioned.

I've grown up watching wrestling, truth be told. I wanted to be a wrestler at some point because I admired The Undertaker a.k.a. Mark Calaway because he made the audience believe he was truly a being from beyond the grave. The way he wrestled, his promos, and finisher (The Tombstone Pile driver) were something to truly behold to me. My favorite scene was when he was facing Mick Foley or Mankind at the time during a Buried Alive Match, I was too young to know the tricks. At the end of the match, the Undertaker was buried alive but then a bolt of lighting struck his tombstone and his hand came out of the grave.

That was it for me but then as time went on, I did my research and saw how difficult it was to have the life of a wrestler and I couldn't make the commitment demanded by the industry. Always being on the road, starting out making no money, and constantly putting your body on the line. It's a very hard business to get into and harder to be successful at, so I stayed on the sidelines always watching. Sometimes I like to think I could write for the company but at this point, who knows what's going on behind the scenes. That's what makes the WWE Network so special, it brings back those old feelings of amazement when you watch old Pay Per Views starring The Undertaker, The Rock, Hulk Hogan or the leader of the Attitude Era, Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Choosing the life of a writer, I have a very limited budget due to several obligations and I have to make sacrifices. I'm afraid that I'm one of those people that will take advantage of a free month of something and never intend to use it. However, when I eventually hit it big with one of my books via contracts or sales, I will definitely be continuing my subscription to the WWE Network. I've had it for two days and I can honestly say that it's been a real treat to renew some old memories and witness new ones. So if anyone is a fan of wrestling, take advantage of this opportunity because once November ends, you either have to cut it out of our budget like me or you lose out on a great deal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment